(Going the right path towards achieving your dreams)
If you’re dreaming about becoming a pilot, it’s not enough to just stare out the window and imagine yourself as one. Fulfilling your dreams requires action and direction.
Here’s how you can make your dreams come true.
First, you have to make sure that becoming a pilot is really what you want. Aviation training doesn’t come easy. It takes time, money, and effort. The shortest training period is about six months, and the longest can go on for four years.
Second, you have to know what kind of pilot you want to be. There are two types of licensed pilots: commercial pilots and private pilots.
Licensed private pilots are those who passed the Private Pilot Training (PPL) and can fly aircrafts for leisure and entertainment. However, they are not compensated for their services.
The requirements for a private pilot are:
- Must be 17 years of age
- Fluency in English, oral and written
- At least a current 3rd Class Medical Certificate
- Must pass the Aviation Training Organization (ATO) Knowledge (General) Test
- Must pass the ATO Practical Flight Test and Oral Examination (Checkride)
Commercial pilots are the ones who fly passenger planes and jets. They make a career out of flying aircraft that transport passengers and cargo. Commercial pilots have a great deal of responsibility compared to a private pilot, thus their training is more extensive.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a Private Pilot Certificate or meet requirements (this means they have to be a private pilot first)
- Must hold a valid 1st Class Medical Certificate
- Must pass the ATO Knowledge (General) Test
- Must pass the ATO Practical Flight Test and Oral Examination (Check ride)
Of course, you’ll need to find a good aviation school that has the a good program and the right facilities. A good flight school will guide you through the practice tests and training properly, helping you become not just a pilot, but a good one.
A dream will remain a dream unless you take that initiative and make it come true. WCC Aviation Company offers private pilot courses and commercial pilot courses. The Flight Academy’s program and aviation training can help you to finally reach the skies.
Learn more at http://www.wccaviation.com.